CERT (Community Emergency Response Team)
Fall 2014 Course
You can make a difference during a disaster
Disaster - when first responders, like the fire department, are overwhelmed due to a significant earthquake, flood, or fire, Trained CERT members act as an extension of first responder services by providing immediate assistance to victims until professional services can take over.
Clark County CERT is a county coalition where Fire District 6 and the Vancouver Fire Department pool their resources to train citizens of all ages and backgrounds, such as students, stay-at-home moms, engineers and seniors, to assist in their neighborhood in the event of a disaster.
What do CERT members do?In the event of a disaster CERT members are trained to:
- Check on neighbors safety
- Suppress small fires using a fire extinguisher
- Conduct light urban search and rescue
- Provide emergency medical aid and psychological comfort to their neighbors
- Organize and direct other neighbors who offer assistance
Assist, on a volunteer basis, outside their neighborhood. For example, sandbagging during a flood emergency.
For more information please contact
Firefighter/Paramedic Dave Sinclair
Clark County District 6