Basic Information for all Firefighter Visits
- Firefighter visits must be scheduled at least four weeks in advance.
- Firefighter visits can last up to 45 minutes.
- Firefighter visits include:
- station tour (with option A)
- engine tour
- firefighter gear demonstration
- "What's Hot, What's Not" box for kindergarten and preschool groups
- The opportunity to take a group picture in front of the fire engine.
- Only one visit per day, per fire station can be scheduled. If you have more than one group, you will need to submit a separate registration form for each group and their visits will need to be scheduled on different days.
- Visits may not be scheduled earlier than 10:00 AM.
- The firefighter visit may be cancelled at the last minute with no notification due to emergency response.
Firefighter Visit Options
You may choose Option A or Option B. You cannot select both options. Be sure to select the option that is most appropriate for your group.
Option A - Visit a Fire Station
- Maximum number of participants is 30 (includes chaperones)
- Requires 1 chaperone for every 5 children. Fire stations are active places for firefighter work. This must be kept in mind when touring the station. Appropriate ratios of children to chaperones are required.
- The tour is only for the children in the preschool/daycare group (i.e. no siblings or other children).
Option B - Firefighters Visit Your Facility
- Minimum group size is 15.
- A parking area must be provided where the fire engine can get in and out quickly in the event of an emergency.
- An adequate number of chaperones must be present to quickly clear children from the fire engine if there is an emergency.
- The tour is only for the children of the school group (i.e. no siblings or other children).
For additional information about a fire station tour, please call 360-576-1195 or email the Public Education Coordinator.