Learn before you burn
Know the regulations for outdoor burning. Washington state regulations ban the use of a burn barrel and prohibit the burning of all material, except natural vegetation grown on the property and firewood (defined as bare, untreated wood, not dimensional lumber).
This regulation also prohibits burning during periods of impaired air quality and prohibits outdoor burning from becoming a nuisance to surrounding neighbors and businesses. Fire safety burn-bans may also be called by county or fire protection authorities.
Recreational Fires
Recreational fires under 3’X3’X2′ are still allowed in all of Clark County without a permit. Only charcoal or seasoned firewood (not lumber) may be used as fuel for a recreational fire. Recreational fires must be used solely for recreational purposes and may not be used for disposal of yard debris or any other material. Recreational fires may not cause a smoke or odor nuisance to surrounding properties. Recreational fires in excess of 3’X3’X2′ need a special written permit from Southwest Clean Air Agency.
Residential Burning (outside the no-burn boundaries)
Residential burning is allowed in piles smaller than 10’X10’X6′ outside the Vancouver-Camas-Washougal (southern Clark County) and Battle Ground no-burn areas with a written permit. 
If you would like help determining if you are within a no-burn area, click here for the No Burn Area Map or contact the Southwest Clean Air Agency at (360) 574-3058. These permits may be obtained at station 63 located at 1200 NE 134th Street in Salmon Creek. Contact the Clark County Fire Marshal’s office for additional locations. You can also download and print the Clark County Residential Burn Permit
For additional information, please email the Fire District 6 Public Education Coordinator or call us at 360-576-1195